Every Monero user was waiting for a scalable and easy accessible android wallet for quite a while. Well, Monerujo is a perfect choice and a worthy project to pay your attention on to. Also, it’s developers have introduced a new layout, which makes the app look more professional now. It also comprises of some additional features like restoring view-only wallet, and old wallet via private keys, etc.
Also, you can access Monerujo on an android mobile device only. The wallet doesn’t work on computers, and even not in iOS devices. On the website monerujo.io, you will find some additional information about the project by clicking “Docs” menu. It will redirect to the github community that manages Monerujo coding. Here, people post the problems they are facing, and then it is resolved by the Monerujo developers.
With the rise in the demand of mobile cryptocurrency wallet, everyone is looking for safe and secure solutions. Here’s the step-by-step instruction on how you can use Monerujo Mobile App:
In case of most of the cryptocurrency, its okay to have at least one mobile wallet. Whereas, in case of Monero, the story is a little bit different. It is because every wallet should be built from scratch, and the underlying codebase is more complex than any other cryptocurrency tackling anonymity and privacy. Monerujo apk is only available for Android users currently. For installing the Monerujo app:
- Go to your Google Play Store and Search for “monerujo.”
- Now download the app and install it on your mobile
- Open the App for further processes
When the app opens, you will see your “Node” address to which you are connected. It is used to communicate with Monero Network. By this, you don’t have to download and store a copy of the entire blockchain. Monerujo already comprises preset of remote nodes, and it remembers the last five nodes used by you.
Click the “+’ sign at the bottom of the screen. It will comprise of four options:
- Create new Wallet
- Restore View-Only Wallet
- Restore Wallet from private keys
- Restore Wallet 25 word seed
New Wallet Creation
- Click on the “create new wallet” icon
- Now, fill the following information:
- “Wallet Name” that you want for storing your monero coins
- Generate a “wallet password” for securing your wallet
- Click on “Make me a Wallet already!” button
- You will be redirected to your “Public Address” key, and 25 words “Mnemonic Seed.”
- Note all the 25 words, and click “I Have Noted These 25 Words!” button
- Your wallet will get created and will appear on a home screen of the wallet app
Restoring View-Only Wallet
- Click the “restore view-only wallet” icon
- Insert the following details:
- Wallet Name
- Insert the password
- Add the Public Address key, and View key
- Insert the resort height, and click on “Make me a wallet already!” button
- Your wallet will get displayed on app home screen
Restoring Wallet via Private Keys
- Click “restore wallet from private keys” icon
- Now, insert the following Information:
- Name of the Wallet
- Wallet Password
- Add the public Address Key, which is 95 characters long
- Insert “View key” and “Spend key.” They are 64 characters in length
- Mention restore height, and click “make me a wallet already!” button
Restoring Wallet with 25-word seed
- Click “restore wallet 25-word seed” icon
- Now, add the wallet name and wallet password details
- Insert “25-word Mnemonic seed” in the text bar
- Enter the restored height
- Click on “make me a wallet already!” button
The wallets are located in the internal storage of your mobile device. There will be a folder named “monerujo” that will comprise of the details of your wallets. You can also use file explorer app to access them. Make Monerujo backup of this folder on a regular basis in the off-device storage in case you format your device, or it gets stolen or something.
Managing XMR Transactions
- Click the wallet you have created. A daemon connection check will start.
- Now, fill your wallet password.
- Then, Monerujo app will scan for the blocks.
- Click on the “Receive” button.
- Fill the XMR amount, and select the currency you want to exchange XMR with.
- You can generate the payment id making transaction.
- A QR code will automatically get generated, which you can use for receiving payment.
Monerujo Donation Program
You can also donate Moneros to the Monerujo project. It will help the developers to make positive changes in this wallet app to make it more flexible.
- Click the “Heart” icon in the top left corner of the app.
- The donation address of Monerujo App will appear, which you can scan to donate the Monerujo wallet.
The Monerujo fees depend upon the size transactions you are going to make. The amount you will be sending will not alter your transaction size, but the input and output amount will. For example, a normal transaction of 1 input and two outputs charges 0.012 XMR fees with normal priority and around 0.003 XMR with low priority.
Monerujo Github Service
When you access Monerujo on a desktop, you will see the “Docs” icon on the homepage. When you click it, you will be redirected to Monerujo Github community. It is the forum where developers post their codes, that can be used to optimize the functionalities of Monerujo. Developers from all over the world, post their codes to resolves issues that other users might be facing with Monerujo.
You can use the test net for testing your wallet. It is an alternative blockchain, and its coin is separate that distinct from actual Moneros, having no actual value. It is recommended that you have a staging version of Monero network, as the people are running test nodes for binaries release, and for nightly build.
It can also run on a separate port and reset after every second hard fork, whereas the test net can reset after every hard fork. To run the test net, click on the top right corner of the app, and Check the Testnet option. Your test net will automatically start running. There will be a difference in color texture.
Monerujo is one of the good wallets and is a feasible and reliable XMR mobile wallet for receiving and sending cryptocurrency coins. One of its unique features is that it provides QR code scanner functionality for managing XMR transactions. This feature makes the XMR use more convenient and is being used in other mobile wallets also. Additionally, you can move more back and forth between multiple wallets in a single app. Sometimes you may experience that Monerujo not connecting to the wallet nodes, even if your Internet Connecting is stable. Also, the developers are working on making Monerujo ios version, so that iPhone users can also access it.
- You can access several wallets within a single app.
- With QR code scanning in android, you can easily make transactions without typing Monero address manually.
- It is an open source project. So you can look into there codes to ensure the security of your wallets.
- With XMR.to service, you can easily pay any BTC address.
- You can’t take the screenshot of any activity you are doing in the app.
- There’s sometimes node connectivity issue. The internet seems to work but is not connecting with the node address.
- Currently, the Monerujo app is only available for Android devices, not for iOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Sometimes, the Monerujo cannot reach node even if the device is connected to Internet service, which is a bug in the Monerujo App.
- The wallet password generation mechanism is not strong enough. It accepts the password even its length is 1-character.